New Baby Keepsake Card

Friday 10 August 2012

New Baby Boy!

Now I have a baby, when I hear that friends have given birth it means so much more. To have a friend who is also a Mum is great news. I made this keepsake card last week and now my cousin has had a baby boy as well. Better get busy making some more!! My friend loved it so I am sharing my project..


The keepsake has been attached to the card so you can pull it off and hang by the ribbon as a keepsake. These are really very easy to make.

Just a small peice of fabric cut into two squares, sandwiched with wadding and edged with bias. Hide the corners with buttons from your button stash and add a ribbon. Then with running stitch, stitch babies name on the front of the keepsake so that the back is plain and the threads are lost in the middle.

The card is simple, I bought the nappy pins stamp and stamping pad from Dunelm Mills.
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/

It took me just an hour to make and worth it. You don't need to be a super stitcher to do this project, just get your fabrics, threads and stamps all matching and you are on your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment